As of Monday 24 August 2020, 326,614 people have tested positive for coronavirus in the UK (pillar 1 and 2, see descriptions below) and there has been 41,433 deaths. Daily reported COVID deaths are now measured across the UK as deaths that occurred within 28 days of the first laboratory-confirmed positive COVID test. Data using the old and new measures can be downloaded here. The dashboard deaths page is being re-developed.
Further information on the data is available here: https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/
- Study finds very low numbers of COVID-19 outbreaks in schools
- Statement from the UK Chief Medical Officers on schools and childcare reopening
- More targeted action in local areas to curb the spread of coronavirus
- NHS Test and Trace successfully reaches over 80% of close contacts since launch
- PHE’s National COVID-19 surveillance reports, including weekly summary of findings monitored through various COVID-19 surveillance systems (updated 21 August)
- Latest NHS test and trace stats for England are now available and are also now available at UTLA level.
- Regional excess death reports are now published with data available by age, sex, Upper Tier Local Authority, ethnic group, level of deprivation, cause of death and place of death.
- ONS Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Survey pilot: England and Wales, 7 August 2020 Initial data from the COVID-19 Infection Survey. This survey is being delivered in partnership with IQVIA, Oxford University and UK Biocentre.
- Weekly all-cause mortality surveillance: 2019 to 2020 - How the actual number and type of death registrations in England and Wales compare to predictions for each week.
- The ONS comparisons of all-cause mortality between European countries and regions: https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/articles/comparisonsofallcausemortalitybetweeneuropeancountriesandregions/januarytojune2020
- Follow this link for the latest reproduction number (R) and growth rate of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the UK (updated 7 August 2020).
- ONS Deaths involving COVID-19, England and Wales: June 2020 (published 17 July).
Coronavirus cases in the UK: daily updated statistics The latest number of coronavirus (COVID-19) tests, cases and deaths in the UK.
- Weekly number and percentage of care homes reporting a suspected or confirmed outbreak of COVID-19 to PHE by local authorities, regions and PHE centres.
Information, advice and guidance
- COVID-19: guidance for managing a funeral during the coronavirus pandemic Guidance for managing a funeral during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- Assessment and procurement of coronavirus (COVID-19) tests How the government assesses offers of COVID-19 tests from developers for procurement and use in the UK.
- Guidance for Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) facilities in relation to coronavirus (COVID-19) The UK Good Laboratory Practice Monitoring Authority (UK GLPMA) recognises that there are potential challenges COVID-19 will present to members of the GLP monitoring programme.
Marketing and communications materials
NHS Test and Trace