As of 9am on 6 July, 285,768 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in the UK (pillar 1 and 2). As of 5pm on 5 July, of those tested positive for coronavirus in the UK, 44,236 have died across all settings. Further information is available here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
- On 29 June, the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care Matt Hancock set out the local action being taken in Leicester following a surge in coronavirus cases in the area. Information on which areas of Leicestershire are included in the localised lockdown and what this means has been published here.
- The Secretary of State for Transport has given a written statement to Parliament on easing coronavirus health measures at the UK border.
- Health Secretary calls on country to get tested as access is expanded even further: Six new ‘walk through’ local testing sites are now offering appointments to people in England, with the capacity to test hundreds of people each day. You can find the press release via this link.
- Major milestone hit as 2 billion items of PPE delivered. Two billion items of personal protective equipment (PPE) have now been delivered to the frontline since the start of the COVID-19 outbreak. You can find the press release via this link.
- Thousands to be offered repeat testing in care homes: 10,000 residents and staff across over 100 care homes will be given coronavirus tests as part of a new surveillance study. You can find the story via this link
- Follow this link for the latest reproduction number (R) and growth rate of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the UK.
- Our latest weekly surveillance report published 2 July. Also, positive cases from testing in the wider community (also known as pillar 2) at UTLA and LTLA level in England have been added to the daily COVID-19 dashboard. Although this does not affect the total number of cases in England, it shows an increase in the UTLA/ LTLA figures which have previously only included pillar 1.
- The PHE dashboard can be found here: https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/ Our daily reporting includes deaths that have occurred in all settings where there has been a positive COVID-19 test, including hospitals, care homes and the wider community. The report also includes case rates per 100,000 resident population at lower tier local authority level.
- NHS test and trace stats for England 11 – 17 June published last week – you can access the data here
Information, advice and guidance
- Guidance for food businesses has been updated
- A number of documents were updated last week including guidance for the public on mental health and wellbeing, staying safe outside of your home, working safely during Coronavirus, meeting people outside of your household from 4 July, and staying alert and safe (social distancing)
- COVID-19: guidance on shielding and protecting people defined on medical grounds as extremely vulnerable was updated on 23 June – you can access the guidance via this link. A shielding comms toolkit has been issued this week to LRFs – resources attached for info
- GPs and small social care providers can now place orders multiple times per week within the limits set out in the guidance, instead of a singular order see here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/ppe-portal-how-to-order-emergency-personal-protective-equipment
Marketing and communications materials
A number of new campaign materials are now available from the PHE Campaign Resource Centre:
Enjoy Summer Safely, a new campaign which aims to inspire the public to begin to get back to the things they have missed whilst following COVID-19 safety guidelines.
Local comms pack which includes toolkit overview, matrix planning tool & guide and press handling guide
Posters available to localise (social statics and easy print to come)
Stay Alert to Stay Safe
Social media animations – 1m + messaging and resources with youth focus
Posters: Face coverings and social distance, A3 & A4 high res and low res (PDF)
Social Media Statics: Face coverings and social distance (JPG)
Social Media Animations: Face coverings (MP4)
Radio: 30 radio with bus driver and delivery driver (Wave Sound)
Social media – outdoor guidance: 3 x social static images for Twitter
Stay alert shielding guidance
Social media assets promoting the new shielding guidance are now available from the Campaign Resource Centre.
NHS Test and Trace
Two new radio advertisements are now available from the Campaign Resource Centre.
Posters: Drive through test and self-isolate, A3 & A4 high res and low res (PDF)
Social Media Statics: Drive through test and self-isolate (JPG)
Social Media Animations: Drive through test and self-isolate (MP4)
Posters: Taste and smell poster, A3 & A4 high res and low res (PDF)
Social Media Statics: Taste and smell (JPG)
Social Media Animations: Symptoms and testing (MP4)
Return to School
Radio: 30s radio ad with Andrea a teacher (Wave Sound)
Leaflets: A5 Q and A leaflet for primary and secondary school
Social media animations: Primary and secondary