Central sources for data on Maternal Health / Children / Adults / Nutrition / Physical Activity....
The National Obesity Observatory
The Department of Health
The North West Public Health Observatory
The NHS Information Centre
The Child and Maternal Health Observatory
- Health & Lifestyles in the North West - North West Public Health Observatory - April 2009
- Segmentation and Insight into the Body Mass Index of the North West Population
- Health Economic Assessment Tool - HEAT is a tool designed to help you conduct an economic assessment of the health benefits of walking or cycling.
- Breastfeeding individual quarterly statistical releases
Breastfeeding initiation: Since 2003/04, each primary care trust has been required to submit quarterly data on the number and percentage of mothers initiating breastfeeding. These data are submitted to the Department through the web-based data collection system called Unify2. 6-8 week breastfeeding: Since 2008/09, each primary care trust has been required to submit quarterly data on the prevalence of breastfeeding at 6-8 weeks. These data are submitted to the Department through the web-based data collection system called Unify2.
- Local area service snapshot for obesity - Provides a summary of demand provision and outcomes for services. Published by ChiMat, the reports combine data from ChiMat and the Children's Services Mapping programme.