John Hamson, Medicines Management Lead for Champs Support Team has summarised the NICE guidance updates which were available on NICE’s website on March 28th 2018.
Of particular note:-
- For CCGs, TA511 brodalumab for psoriasis given subcutaneously every 2 weeks will be of interest. This is not expected to be a significant cost pressure.
- Also of interest is NG87 – ADHD diagnosis and management- which recommends drug treatments for both children and adults.
- NG91 – antimicrobial prescribing for otitis media – main message is withholding antibiotics in the majority of cases.
- NG 90 – physical activity and the environment – has been updated and LA commissioners , housing and transport planners may wish to review their current provision in light of this guidance.
- NG 92 – stop smoking services – guidance has been reviewed and commissioners and providers may wish to review their current service in relation to this.
- Finally, NG92 – learning disability and challenging behaviour, service design and delivery – is recommending that LAs and CCG commissioners should work jointly in commissioning services which are person-centred and based on prevention and early intervention.
Click here to view the full summary