The C&M Health Care Public Health Leads meeting took place on Tuesday 1st May. Below are the 6 key messages that came out of the meeting,
- The group discussed the purpose and value of the HCPH leads group and how best to run meetings going forward – it was agreed that ToRs would be reviewed and amended along with future arrangements and agendas
- Adam Major from the Champs Support Team attended to discuss a paper outlining options for public health input into the Individual Funding Request (IFR) process – proposed recommendations from this will be shared with the group
- Cheshire and Merseyside Blood Pressure developments include further work in community pharmacies, development of the Blood Pressure Quality Improvement Package, plans for the September Know Your Numbers Campaign, a RightCare Hot Housing offer in relation to developing a Healthy Hearts website , excellent progress with implementation of the BHF Round 1 Projects with submission of a workplace-based BP testing bid for Round 2 and the opportunity for a further Test Bed bid.
- Roll out of Making Every Contact Count (MECC) approaches continue - Louise Vernon has commenced in post as MECC Co-ordinator and is undertaking a mapping exercise of existing activity; a strategy development event was held on the 10th April with a view to further developing plans and a practitioner registration scheme is being set up and will be hosted by Champs
- The group discussed local mortality trends and agreed to explore what local intelligence exists
- Cheshire and Merseyside has a new RightCare Delivery Partner who will be invited to the next HCPH leads meetings