This will be the region's 5th Suicide Reduction Summit and this year we are celebrating our progress, giving you an opportunity to have input into a new strategy for our region and focusing on suicide prevention in primary care. Join us as we recognise the achievements that have made our network a national example of good practice and our aspirations for the year ahead…
- Suicide and Primary care – what the research tells us
- New pilot for systematic follow up of those exposed to or bereaved by suicide
- Feedback from the first wave of suicide awareness training with GP practices in Liverpool
- Compassion and patient safety
- NO MORE - A new, ambitous suicide reduction strategy for Cheshire & Merseyside
Presentations from the summit can be viewed here:
Dr Kirsten Windfuhr, Senior Research Fellow and Senior Project Manager, Centre for Mental Health and Risk, University of Manchester. Improving Services, Reducing Suicide.
Dr Alys Cole-King, Consultant Liaison Psychiatrist, Connecting with People. Suicide Prevention in Primary Care: Combining Clinical Governance and Compassion.
Katie Donnelly, Health Improvement Specialist, Warrington Council. Support for those Bereaved and Affected by Suicide.
Peter Lynes, Primary Care Mental Health Liaison Practitioner, Merseycare. Primary Care Liaison and Suicide Awareness.
We look forward to seeing you there!