These pages refer to projects carried out to March 2015 under the former Champs Public Health Collaborative Service and the projects are now closed. Information has been retained on the Champs website for reference purposes. Job roles, contact details and other information may be out of date.
For further information please contact email@example.com
There is increasing recognition of the need to provide integrated approaches to behaviour change and supporting people to live well. This includes:
- improving motivation and self-efficacy as the pre-requisites for behaviour change
- addressing the social determinants of health that impact on people’s capability to live healthy and well through partnership working across agencies;
- addressing physical and mental health holistically and avoiding siloed approaches;
- ensuring efficient pathways for patient and referrer;
- ensuring efficient use of resources to prevent illness and healthcare usage and achieve health outcomes and reduce inequalities;
During 2013 the collaborative service ran an action learning programme for teams from each locality on Integrated Wellness Services. The aim was to develop models for redesigning and re-commissioning of local prevention services to an Integrated Wellness Approach. The intended outputs of the programme were for each locality to have:
- agreed a model with organisational partners
- agreed a commissioning process and timescale
- started implementation of the process
At the end of the programme commissioners were implementing models of work in Knowsley, Warrington, Liverpool, Sefton, St Helens and Halton. Commitment was gained and early work was underway in Cheshire West and Chester and leadership was driving change in Cheshire East. Within Wirral a lead provider was implementing a model and process of change.
In 2010 Directors of Public Health within Cheshire and Merseyside commissioned Liverpool Health Observatory to undertake an Evidence Based Review of Wellness Services.
In early 2011 this report was presented at the NHS Confederation national conference on Wellness Services. The conference briefing is available here
NHS Stockport and Gloucester Development Tool for Integrated Wellness Services.
North Lancashire and Sefton have developed a holistic assessment tool. Download the Lancashire Help Direct Get the most out of life tool